Take a look at the list below to help keep your Halloween safe. Then share it with your loved ones so they can enjoy a fun time, too!
- Wear well-fitting costumes, masks and shoes so you can move easily and see completely.
- Go trick-or-treating with a partner, group or trusted adult.
- Carry a flashlight while trick-or-treating so you can see others and they can see you.
- Walk on sidewalks or the far edge of the road facing traffic.
- Cross streets at marked crosswalks, if possible, and look both ways before crossing.
- Check all treats for choking hazards or tampering before eating them.
You may also consider providing healthy treats, like low-calorie snacks and drinks, fruits, vegetables and cheeses, for party guests.
Visit cdc.gov/family/halloween for more Halloween health and safety tips.