At Duke Regional Hospital, we deliver more than 2,000 babies each year. Our experienced healthcare team pampers mom and baby with the exceptional care and special touches found only at a community hospital that is part of a world-class health system.
Our comfortable delivery suites allow you to deliver your baby in a cozy, home-like atmosphere. Our spa-like Mother/Baby unit offers a calm place for mom and baby to bond and our Special Care Nursery is there for babies who need a little extra help. The Birth Place offers:
- Eight labor and delivery suites, four with whirlpool tubs for hydrotherapy relaxation during labor
- Two dedicated operating rooms for C-sections within the Labor and Delivery unit
- Hospital-based anesthesia team available 24 hours a day
- A Mother/Baby unit with 36 private postpartum rooms
- Lightweight, cordless fetal and maternal monitors provide mothers and the care team with greater freedom of movement during labor and more flexibility in choice of birthing positions
- Strict infant security system
- Special Care Nursery for at-risk, acutely ill and convalescing infants as early as 32 weeks of gestation staffed by Duke neonatologists
Want to learn more about what it’s like to have your baby at Duke Regional Hospital? Guided tours of the Labor and Delivery unit are offered at Duke Regional Hospital every Tuesday at 7 p.m and the second Saturday of every month at 2 p.m. To register, call 919-403-4DRH (919-403-4374) or click here. Can’t make it in person? Take a virtual tour.